You may know that metal roofing is trending due to its durability and visual appeal. But are you aware steel siding is rapidly gaining popularity as well? Steel siding is the longest lasting siding material available, and its benefits will astound you. It’s leaving homeowners thrilled they made the choice to upgrade with metal siding.
Enjoy the look of wood siding without the high maintenance, and get enduring color that keeps your home looking fabulous even years after it’s installed.
When it comes to siding materials, steel siding may be a new concept to you, so take a moment to learn about why Minnesota homeowners are loving this gorgeous, strong, enduring siding solution.
Questions and Answers about Steel Siding
If you’re tired of moisture intrusion, wood rot, pests, or high maintenance and repairs that your current siding requires, and you want to replace it with low-maintenance, beautiful material—steel siding is a great solution for your home exterior. EDCO is a reputable manufacturer of steel siding, and our top choice for steel siding installation.
1. How will steel siding look on my home?
With steel siding, you get elegant style, and a wide variety of customization options that fully enhance your home’s curb appeal and boost its value. You can expect a good return on investment (ROI) when it’s time to resell your home.
2. How much maintenance does steel siding require?
Unlike the high maintenance needs of wood siding, steel is virtually maintenance-free. It never needs to be painted because EDCO uses the most innovative paint technologies. Your siding’s paint won’t chip, crack, or peel.
3. How does steel siding help my home’s energy efficiency?
Steel siding reduces energy costs because of the reflective nature of its paint. It reflects radiant heat, so your home stays cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter, lowering your energy use.
4. What siding styles do I have to choose from?
- Lap siding—This popular siding style can give your home a natural, wood-grain textured look you’re sure to enjoy for decades.
- Dutchlap siding—A recessed cove along the top of each siding panel produces a more defined shadow line to give your home a historic, colonial-style look.
- Vertical siding—Choose gorgeous vertical panels for a contemporary look.
- Shake siding—Get the natural look of cedar shakes or weathered shakes (minus the maintenance wood requires).
- Soffit, fascia, and trim—Finish the exquisite look of your home with EDCO’s line of soffit, fascia, and trim. It’s the perfect complement for your steel siding, and the optimal protection for your home.
5. How long does steel siding last?
It lasts up to 50 years because it’s tough, durable, and dent resistant.
6. Will steel siding rust?
No. The steel is galvanized, meaning a layer of protective zinc was added to its surface to stand up to rust and corrosion. To give you an idea of its resilience, it is used for everything from airplanes and ocean liners to military ships (as well as siding!).
7. How durable is steel siding?
Steel siding is built to stand up to even the harshest of weather conditions. It holds its color, won’t fade, and won’t crack. It is resistant to denting and hail damage, wind, and even fire.
8. How does steel siding perform over the years?
Steel stands up to the weather elements, hail, and the harmful UV rays of the sun. It holds its color and shape while safeguarding your home from moisture, pests, and rot.
9. Is steel siding environmentally friendly?
It’s 100% recyclable, so any waste from your siding installation is recycled.
10. What colors do I have to choose from, and do they fade?
There are a wide variety of colors available for each siding style including dark, neutral, warm, cool, and light, fresh palettes. Bring out the best in your home’s curb appeal with the perfect color combination to complement its special features.
11. If I need to match my siding in the future, is that possible?
Yes, you should be able to match the color, texture, and profile of your steel siding in the future.
12. What type of trim goes with steel siding?
EDCO provides a full line of steel or aluminum trim for your soffits, corners, windows, and doors.
13. How do you clean steel siding?
Refrain from the use of a power washer, and instead use a garden hose, a mild soap solution, and a soft brush to clean your steel siding.
14. Does steel siding stand up to high winds and hail?
Steel is impact resistant and stands up to both hail and high winds with ease.
15. What about the warranty?
EDCO steel siding products are backed by a lifetime, non-prorated, limited warranty, including a 35-year fade warranty.
16. If I’m also getting new windows, should my siding or windows be installed first?
When new homes are being constructed, windows are installed before siding for maximum sealing. For the same reason, if you are upgrading both your windows and siding, it’s wise to replace your home windows before your siding.
Steel Siding Delivers the Perfect Siding Solution for Minnesota Homes
At Beissel Window & Siding, we find the root cause of your home’s needs, offer the best solutions for your long-term needs, and always have your best interest at heart. We remodel both home exteriors and interiors, so you don’t have to coordinate with multiple companies when renovating your whole home.
Based on your budget and goals, we offer multiple options for your home’s upgrades. Learn more about how steel siding can deliver decades of beauty and performance to your home exterior.