The roof of your property is an integral part of your home or building. This is because Minneapolis roofing protects your home from damage caused by weather or wildlife. It is important to repair or replace your roof promptly when the need arises.
There is a huge variety of roofing materials to choose from when replacing your roof. If you reside in Minneapolis, Minnesota, or in the local area, you will see properties using different types of roofs.
Some of the common questions you may when considering a Minneapolis roofing replacement include?
What types of roofs are there?
How long does roofing last?
Are there any benefits of replacing a roof?
These questions and more will be answered in this article.
What Types Of Minneapolis Roofing Options Are There?
There are many factors to consider when choosing a roof. Things such as cost, durability, and appearance are all important. Understanding the different roof types will make your decision easier. Types of roof available are:
- Shingles. Shingles that are made from asphalt or by combining asphalt and fiberglass are a popular choice. They are popular due to their affordability and durability. Asphalt shingles are available in a range of colors that can help complement your home. One of the best features of asphalt is its durability. Weather in Minnesota can vary wildly over the year, the ability to withstand the elements is a key factor in choosing asphalt.
- Metal. An option that many opt for is steel or copper shingles. This option is more expensive but has a much longer lifespan than asphalt. You can also benefit from greater energy efficiency thanks to their insulating properties. Metal roofing can be a good choice. This is because it is strong, durable, and comes in a variety of options to suit the style of your home.
Later you can read about the benefits of replacing a roof, next though you can learn about the warranties.
How Long Does A Roof Last?
The lifespan of a roof will vary depending on what it is made from, how damaged it gets from the weather, and if it is properly maintained. Here are the average lifespans of each roof type:
- Asphalt. An asphalt roof should remain in excellent condition for approximately 15-20 years. After that, it will start deteriorating but with regular checks, you may extend the lifespan with repairs rather than replacement. Potentially, the roof could last up to 50 years if looked after and with a little luck.
- Metal. A metal roof can last for up to 70 years but shouldn’t last less than 40 years. 40-70 years is a great lifespan for a roof. Provided you keep it maintained and do regular checks for any signs of damage, then you won’t have to worry about a replacement for up to 70 years.
Is There A Warranty Provided For Your Roofs?
Our experienced, professional team will install or repair every roof to the highest possible standard. You can rest assured that our expert team will carry out the job to your satisfaction allowing you to live safely and comfortably in your home. All Minneapolis roofing types have a long life span. This means once correctly installed you don’t have to worry about the roof for many more years. Our customer reviews back up this statement.
Minneapolis Roofing provides a guarantee that should there be a need, we will remedy any damage that occurs to a roof we have installed or repaired.
The length of the warranty will be confirmed when the job is arranged with you.
8 Amazing Benefits Of A New Roof?
There are many fantastic reasons to get a new roof, here are 8 to keep in mind –
- Adds value to your property
- Makes your home appealing when you are trying to sell
- Improves energy-efficiency
- Saves you money on your energy bills
- Reduces health risks such as mold
- Makes your home safer
- Change the look of your home
- Less to worry about as you have peace of mind the roof won’t collapse
Our team at Beissel Windows and Siding is happy, willing, and able to help with your roofing needs.
Contact us today to discuss your requirements and book an appointment.