Beissel Window and Siding has provided quality St. Paul Exterior Siding Services for 50 years! Contact us today for your free quote.
St. Paul Exterior Siding
One of your homes most underrated features is its exterior siding. When it comes to renovating or building your home, siding can make all the difference to a beautiful home. A siding is the exterior wall cladding of a house, which primarily serves the function of protecting the house from the various natural elements such as the sun, snow, rain, storm, and the like.
The Advantages Of Installing Or Renovating Siding
The exterior siding of a house has several key advantages to offer:
- Safety: As mentioned, external siding provides effective protection against the natural elements by, for example, preventing water from entering the home in a flood, which ensures that your home is protected from major structural damage issues resulting from the growth of mold and mildew.
- Improved Curb Appeal: While siding’s primary function is to provide protection to the house, another key benefit of siding is the aesthetic appeal it adds to the exterior of your house. If you are building your house, the right exterior siding can help you achieve maximum curb appeal, which is always a good thing. Additionally, when renovating, you will notice that old siding has gotten dirty with age and plays a role in making your home look dated and unkempt. By upgrading it, you can give your home a modern, clean look, and maximize its curb appeal, which is key in adding to the value of your home. This means your property will fetch a better price in the real estate market when you plan to sell it.
- Energy Efficient: Good siding will provide effective insulation, which in turn will lower the work load of your heating and cooling units. Not only does this help you in the form of lower energy bills, it is also good for the environment.
- Early Detection and Repair of Structural Damage: This is an advantage specific to those renovating their homes. Old siding stops being effective in its ability to protect the home as effectively from water seeping in, leading to possible structural damage. Often, when renovating, the removal of the old siding can help you detect potential structural damage issues early on where their repair is easier to do without having to disrupt the interiors of your home.
St. Paul Exterior Siding Materials
When you go to the market to look for St Paul external siding materials, you will be overwhelmed by the huge variety of options available. We list some of the most popular siding material options in the market:
- Steel Siding: While aluminum was the first metal to be used for siding, the availability of low-cost overseas steel has lead to the popularity of steel siding. Steel siding comes in a broad range of styles including shingles and panels. It is durable, galvanized to be corrosion-resistant, and moderately priced. However steel sliding can be noisy and is prone to denting.
- Vinyl Sliding: Vinyl sliding is perhaps one of the most popular siding material options in the market today. Vinyl sliding is available in a range of styles, colors, and textures. Its cost of installation can range from low to moderate and it is low-maintenance. However, vinyl sliding can crack under impact in cold weather and requires proper installation or else it will warp or buckle.
- Hardie Board Siding: Hardie Board is one of the most durable siding products. It is made up of a combination of sand, cement, and cellulose fibers. Hardie Board siding comes in a variety of styles and colors and is pest-resistant. However, it is a costlier material to use, requires expert installation, and might require repainting after 15 years.
- Mastic Insulated Siding: Mastic is a leading brand in the siding industry and is known for its insulated siding in which it combines the latest siding technologies with quality insulating foam designed to keep your home warm in winters and cool in summers. Mastic insulated siding comes in stylish looks, is durable, energy efficient, pest-resistant, and low-maintenance. However, it is a costlier material to use and requires expert, professional installation to be effective.
- LP Siding: LP Siding is manufactured using strands of wood coated in wax, which are then bonded using resin and other binders. This gives it a wood-like look but the siding is much more resilient. LP Siding comes in a variety of styles, offers superior impact resistance, is easy to install, and affordable for most. However, it can be vulnerable in case of a fire, is not resistant to termite damage, and its coating can often flake off.
Several factors come into play when you pick new siding. It will depend on your budget, personal preference, the look you are going for and any other issues you are looking to solve with your siding.
Why Choose Us
If you live in or around the St. Paul area and need exterior siding installation services, then please give us a call. We have been in the business since 1950, which means we have all the right connections to get quick access to the latest best practices and materials at the best prices.
What’s more, we have a professional team capable of taking on siding installation projects of any scale and level of complexity.
We have superior quality siding options and take pride in our workmanship, so you can rest assured that your home will be safe from the elements for years to come!
Our customers rank us with highest level of customer satisfaction. This means, we listen to your needs, your preferences, and your limitations, before delivering a solution customized to you. And if you have any doubts about the quality of our service then you need to just look at the plethora of glowing customer reviews about us online and you will know you have nothing to worry about. Call us today and ask for a free siding estimate.